Friday, November 5, 2010

Attempt At Brevity

I'm going to try to keep today's post concise in order to challenge myself. I have a tendency, through intricate wording, to elaborate my thoughts, argumentations and explanations beyond what some may find to be suitable and productive. As it might bore some people away from exploring what I dispense, this complex diction ends up detracting from the productivity of my posts. So, in an effort to improve myself through challenging myself to stretch my comfort level, I have decided to limit my post, leaving out tidbits that I would much prefer to divulge.

That leads me to a idea I wish to present. Anyone who is familiar with Destorm's YouTube videos and channel (link below) knows that he calls for viewers to challenge him with regards to his future contributions. For instance, people have requested that he tell a story using the names of every color of Crayola, that he write and sing a song using only random sounds he recorded, and that he sing a song entirely in reverse that, when reversed, would sound correct. As he likes to challenge his artistic abilities, he indulges these challenges and constantly requests more. Now, I don't know if enough people even read this for it to work, but I'm open to making some of my posts available to fulfill challenges or requests. For instance, someone could request that I write a post about a specific color, flowers, or something with which I'm not extremely familiar or comfortable. Someone could challenge me to reference three specific people in one coherent post (as occurred randomly in yesterday's post). I think it would be a great way to challenge myself to stretch the boundaries of my comfort zone, would allow the few people who currently take the time to look at my blog a chance interact with and direct its author, and would help steer me towards topics of interest to explore.

As I am trying to keep this post short, I will try to leave it at that and hope that people will have some suggestions of challenges for me.

Soon, I might discuss my feelings with regards to Microsoft's new Kinect technology or a common over-reliance on technological information channels. Those are just a couple current event topics from the Gizmodo site that caused me to think today, and let's just consider those as possible "coming attractions".

Links:
Destorm: Website

No comments:

Post a Comment